Poor posture, stress on the backbones, injuries, or other causes of back pain are all common reasons for back pain. For a few months, conservative therapy can help with back pain. It is rare for back pain to last more than three months.
Some people might need back surgery to alleviate their pain. You can learn more about ‘scoliosis surgery through https://scoliolife.com/id_ID/skoliosis-bahaya-bedah-tulang-belakang/’(also known as ‘operasi skoliosis melalui https://scoliolife.com/id_ID/skoliosis-bahaya-bedah-tulang-belakang/’ in the Indonesian language).
Back surgery is an option when all other options have failed. This procedure is used when your spinal nerves become compressed, causing numbness in the back of your leg.
Chronic back pain can be caused by many different factors.
There could be many reasons for a decrease or pinching of nerves. Sometimes, the discs that separate spinal bones can burst or tear and cause nerve irritation. Many people experience bulging discs without any pain.
There are many options for back surgery, depending on the condition.
- A discectomy is an open surgery to remove the herniated portion of the disc. This allows the vertebrae to expand. This relieves nerve irritation and inflammation.
- Laminectomy is a procedure that removes bone from the spinal canal to relieve nerve pressure caused by spinal stenosis.
- Vertebroplasty refers to the injection of bone cement into fractured vertebrae to alleviate pain and stabilize them. Kyphoplasty refers to the use of a balloon-like device to expand the vertebrae.
- Before you decide on back surgery, it is better to get a second opinion from spine specialists. Back surgery should only be considered as an option if all other options have failed.
- Regular exercise, stretching, weight management, and good body mechanics are all ways to prevent recurring back pain.